Nassau County LEAC Accessibility Statement
Using this Site
If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, a screen reader, or TTY) and the format of any material on this Web site interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the Web address of the requested material, and your contact information. Users who need accessibility assistance can also contact us by phone through the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339 for TTY/Voice communication.
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- While the Nassau County Local Economic Assistance Corporation (NCLEAC) is not responsible for the Accessibility of 3rd party vendors or the data provided, it does endeavor to work with them to enhance compliance.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This does not mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead, it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means that when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information, its content is described with an alternative text.
- We have attempted specifically to comply with the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. § 794d), as amended by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (P.L. 105-220), referring to website accessibility standards and WCAG 2.0 AA success criterion.
- If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools.
PDF reader software is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website. We recommend Adobe's free PDF Reader software.